Why Publish a Book With Your Class
There is nothing more gratifying than to see your students excited to learn. When you publish a book with your class, you’ll watch your students’ faces light up as they become published authors and create a professionally bound book just like they would find in the library. This free classbook publishing project is a unique experience that will get your students excited about writing and inspire their best effort.
Turn your students into a team of writers and illustrators as you walk them through the journey to becoming real published authors.
It’s more than just a book… your class publishing project:
- Motivates students to do their best work
- Makes teaching writing easy and fun
- Inspires creativity and hands-on learning
- Encourages teamwork and collaboration
- Teaches perseverance and showcases student progress
- Creates a treasured keepsake
- Builds a sense of pride and accomplishment
- Strengthens the home to school connection
Don’t take our word for it. Here’s what educators say about publishing with Studentreasures:
The students were so excited to write and publish a “real” book. Their enthusiasm was amazing! This project motivated even my most reluctant readers to write, revise, edit and write more!
SNeil Armstrong Elementary
My students loved creating a book! It was a great learning experience for ALL of us. There is sheer magic in seeing their little faces light up when they see their story as part of a book!
Sorters Mill Elementary
I can’t think of a more exciting project for a child of any age than to actually publish a hard bound book that they have written and illustrated. This is truly an opportunity of a lifetime!
Joanne L., ,
Publishing Is Flexible
Our classbook project suits any subject, whether you’re writing about World War II or What I Want to Be When I Grow Up. Publishing your book:
- Aligns with reading, writing and literacy standards
- Is cross-curricular and flexible across subject areas
- Supports differentiated learning
- Checks off technology requirements with our digital publishing kits
- Is the perfect project for any lesson and adaptable for grades K-6.
Publishing Is Easy
Whether it’s a dedicated unit or an existing lesson, this project can be as easy as putting a final draft on our paper. In your free classbook publishing kit, we provide everything you need to create your one-of-a-kind masterpiece!
Your FREE classbook publishing kit includes:
- Choice of paper or online kit
- 66 kit pages: 33 for text & 33 for illustration
- Cover, Title, Dedication & Author Pages
- A Student-Created Sample Book
- Step-By-Step Teacher Guide
- Replacement Materials
- Parent Order Forms
Plus, we provide:
- Start-to-finish project support
- Project reminders to keep you on track
- Storyboards, lesson plans & book starters
- Unlimited access to our online Teacher Community
- A FREE copy of your classbook for the teacher and option for parents to purchase copies, too!