Publish With Your Class!
Great for virtual learning!
Why Publishing Matters!
There is nothing more gratifying than to see your students excited to learn. When you publish a book with your class, you’ll watch your students’ faces light up as they become published authors and create a professionally bound book just like they would find in the library. Publishing a book together, no matter where your class is learning, will get your students excited about writing and inspire their best effort.
With learning taking on so many forms this year we’re here to help you make the most of your publishing project while your students are distance learning. Keep reading for more details on how easily you can create a classbook this year.
- Trudy L., Pace, FL
S S Dixon Intermediate School
- Lawanda C., Manassas, VA
Youth Center Stage
- Andrea G., Shafter, CA
Sequoia Elementary School
- Carmen Z., Wausau, WI
Trinity Lutheran School
- Amanda R., Damiansville, IL
Damiansville Elementary School
- Lara S., League City, TX
Bay Area Christian School
- Deborah H., Saint Simons IS, GA
Saint Simons Christian School
- Lanee L., Mesa, AZ
Sousa Elementary School
- Angel B., Streamwood, IL
Heritage Elementary School
- Peggy W., Fostoria, OH
Fostoria Intermediate School
Publish Online With Scripsi
Bring out the proud, published authors in your class by letting your students explore Scripsi, our free online book publishing program. Students can write, illustrate and edit their book pages online and you can guide your students through their bookmaking journey. Choosing online publishing is a great way for your students to work on their project from anywhere. Thinking about switching your existing project to online publishing, click here to let us know! We’ll get your class set up with an online project!
Be sure to share this all-in-one guide with students working on their writing and illustration pages of your book.
Scripsi enhances any lesson plan including ELA, Social Studies, Math and Science. Check out all the school-focused features Scripsi includes:
- Convenient! Students and teachers can use Scripsi from any computer.
- Easy! Edit with ease with our handy spell check and editing tools.
- Fun! Excite your student to write with our free online book publishing tool.
- Simple design allows students and teachers to easily work to complete their book.
- The only online program created just for schools to help teachers guide their students through the writing process.
- Safe and secure, log-in and password protected to preserve the work of each student.
- We have so many font options and now offer CharActer level formatting so your students can really get creative!
- Illustrate with ease! Choose from our library of clip art, enhanced drawing tools for doodles or upload photos and scanned artwork.
- Intuitive! Simple, straightforward design.
Publish With Physical, Paper Kits
As you are working on your pages remotely, don’t forget to encourage your students to start with a rough draft. Then, when they are ready for the final draft, have them use washable markers to create big, colorful pictures and black ink for their handwritten stories. Check out more writing tips like these!
Easy Templates Make Paper Publishing A Breeze
Bonus! Make publishing on paper a breeze by using one of the templates from our Template Library. Simply choose a template you like and print directly onto your kit. To use templates choose one of our blank kits (options B & D). Don’t forget you’ll still need to design your Cover, Title, Dedication and ‘About The Authors’ page!
No matter which option you choose we provide:
- Flexible publishing dates that can be moved as often as you need to meet your needs
- A FREE, deluxe hardcover copy of your classbook for the teacher and option for parents to purchase copies too
- Pages for 33 students to contribute a writing & illustration page each
- Cover, Title, Dedication and Author Page
- A Student-Created Sample Book
- Step-by-Step Teacher Guide
- Parent Order From
- Start-to-finish Project Support & Project Reminders to keep you on track
- Storyboards, Printable Template Pages, Lesson Plans & Topic Ideas
- Replacement Materials
- Unlimited access to our online Teacher Community
- FREE Classbook Toolkit with Slideshow Lesson Plan & Choice Board to guide your students through publishing a book together
Once you’ve chosen a kit that will work best for your class, your students will be published authors in no time!
Ready-Made Slideshow Lesson Plan
Our handy Classbook Toolkit makes creating your classbook even easier. The step-by-step Slideshow Lesson Plan takes your class through the writing and publishing process and the Choice Board encourages their best effort all along the way! Best of all, it can be used for all learning settings to keep your students on the same page.
Order your FREE kit today to get exclusive access to your Classbook Toolkit.*
We provide teachers and schools with a FREE hands-on writing activity that motivates students to write and inspires students to learn by turning their stories into professionally bound books.